While we spend a lot of time in the BVI, we spend very little of that time enjoying Rum Punch. So, a very good friend and fellow captain of ours who specializes in term charters (week long sailing trips,) is going be our guest captain for todays Top Five Tuesday!
Enter Captain Craig, the author of The Best Rum Punch in the BVI!
Where to Get the Best Rum Punch in the BVI
1. Wonky Dog on Anegada – The “Wonky Aaron” is a unique spin on the classic rum punch, and is served in a cool mason jar glass. It’s the signature drink and a perfectly delicious pairing with the island’s famous Anegada Lobster!
2. Hog Heaven in Virgin Gorda – This off-the-beaten-path BBQ joint tucked away in North Sound should not be missed. We docked our cat at Leverick Bay and took a taxi up to Hog Heaven and it was more than worth it! Hands down—this is the best place to grab a rum punch with a view. We feasted on delicious BBQ and refreshing rum punches while gazing down at paradise with a bird’s eye view of North Sound.
3. Rhymer’s Beach Bar on Cane Garden Bay – This is the place to go for great atmosphere, friendly bartenders, and even better rum punch. Not too sweet, but not too sour. This rum punch was the perfect addition to a sunset on Cane Garden Bay. Come for happy hour and enjoy the 2-for-1 rum punch special!
4. Sydney’s Peace and Love on Jost Van Dyke– The rum punch at Sydney’s Peace and Love easily made my list because it was original. The self-service bar lets the guest be the star of the show – you make your own drinks and log them in a book to keep track of your tab. Believe it or not, this bar operates on the honesty policy, offering a unique experience you won’t find at home. And the rum punch is as good as you can mix it.
“Drinking Rum before 10 AM doesn’t make you an alcoholic, it makes you a pirate”
— One Love Bar and Grill, Jost Van Dyke
5. Cooper Island Beach Club on Cooper Island – After tasting many rum punches ashore and on board, Cooper Island’s rum punch tops the list. The punch was a good mixture of punch and rum topped with a fresh orange. As an added bonus, you get to keep the cup it’s served in as a souvenir so you can perfect your own rum punch recipes at home – complete with BVI vacation vibes.