Covid-19 and our Charters
We have gotten a lot of emails asking about updates, when you will be welcome to visit, what precautions are being taken, etc.
The latest update from the Governor came with a VERY welcome surprise; our restaurants are allowed to open their doors at limited capacity tomorrow, Tuesday May 26th. This will give them time to get proper protocols in place and get prepared for the open doors phase which is starting June 1st. Employees must wear facial coverings, sanitation measures must be in place and they cannot have more than 50% of their capacity or 50 patrons at one time, whichever is less.
We are excited to say that as of June 1st, all lodging in the territory can resume accepting new bookings! That means it’s time to plan that trip. The airlines have been difficult to deal with but we have plenty of customers coming down in June and July who have found flights! We are really hopeful that Delta and American can step it up quicker than they did after the hurricanes.
Many of you may have seen some negativity on social media or heard that locals don’t want tourists back and I want to first apologize for the negativity and second clarify what is really going on. Our economy is suffering, our people are suffering and we are very far behind on stimulus checks and unemployment which means people need to get back to work. That being said, we have zero active cases of the virus on Saint John and people are hesitant to have tourism resume because we are most likely going to have some cases pop up.
However, we ARE opening June 1st and we can’t wait to welcome you back. We will have safety measures in place and we hope to see all of you very soon for a day on the water exploring.
A few changes we are making for your safety:
- We have hand sanitizer onboard all of the boats
- We will have buffs onboard for facial coverings
- We will no longer be offering Tervis Tumblers to use while onboard, you may purchase one with a lid at a discounted rate
- We are also not going to be offering snorkeling masks, we are asking that you bring your own mask and snorkel with you. We will still have fins to use making it a little easier to bring your own mask or simply rent one while you’re here
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing the boats and railings more often and using disinfectants
- We will still have frosty painkillers, and we will still make sure you have The Best Day of Your Vacation with us!