Two weeks ago we did a post on Our Favorite Restaurants on Saint John, this week we’re doing our Top Five Casual Restaurants on Saint John! This list is perfect for people who want something quick and easy after a long boat trip or after they’ve spent a little too much time enjoying libations at happy hour. (No judgement here)
- Da Livio’s– It was brought to my attention that this restaurant should have been on the other list and yes I agree, but I was limited to just five and THATS HARD!! So here’s why I saved Da Livio’s for The Top Five Casual Restaurants on Saint John, when its clearly NOT exactly casual. THE PIZZA. oh my gosh, THE PIZZA. A bit pricier than your average to-go pizza, but worth every single cheesy, truffle-y cent. It’s also wonderful enjoyed inside in their air conditioning with a great glass of wine (their wine list is fantastic.) This is my go-to after a long day on the water in the sun when I just want something quick and delicious. It’s also my go-to for a girls night in with friends, but Captain Joe likes it too, and they work that brick oven so quickly! Most of the time pizzas are ready in under 10 minutes.
- Banana Deck– Quick, easy, consistent, and an all day Bloody Mary bar. You can’t go wrong at B-Deck, their steaks are amazing and always huge, their drinks are delicious, and the ambiance is amazing. Who wouldn’t want to sit alfresco underneath a giant tree cluttered with twinkling lights!
- The Longboard– Easily a 2 night a week spot for us. The food is fresh and delicious, but more than that their cocktails are epic. Favorites are The Heart and Sol and The Paloma, they also have good wines by the glass, and frozen painkillers which everyone loves! Food wise, the specials are usually wonderful and creative but what we love the most is that there is healthy food on the menu! Yes, healthy food. Their quinoa bowls are the best; especially their Caribbean Spice Bowl. Give it a shot next time. Most of our guests end up stopping here at least twice on their vacation.
- Sushi at Caneel Bay– While this is a casual spot, it’s also pretty pricey. However, you can sit up top above their bar with full service watching the sun set with delicious sushi in front of you. The rolls are huge too, one is enough for most people and their drinks are about the same price as anywhere else, so if you have a craving for sushi while you’re on Saint John this is definitely your spot.
- The Tap Room– For our Favorite Casual Restaurants on Saint John, we had to feature our Favorite Burger on Saint John! The Tap Room is a fun spot to go for drinks with friends or to catch a game but they also have great bar food and their burger is amazing and huge. About two years ago, The Tap Room was burnt down in a tragic fire, but they have done a great job remaining open in the meantime. We can’t wait to see what the renovated spot looks like when they open back up in full capacity, but for now they are in a temporary spot that serves them just great! We highly recommend stopping in for a beer or two and definitely try a burger!